Thursday, September 22, 2005

What is the MAC Conference you say?

Well...it's the source of my anxiety and stress but also a source of pride. I'm proud to be working on such a big project with such amazing speakers.

The first annual marketing conference at Columbia! For the number four MBA program in the nation, it's about time! The theme of the conference will be "marketing in a world if increasing consumer power." It's somewhat inspired by my experience at my summer internship. As technology improves, consumers have more choice to zap out advertising. There's Tivo, XM commercial free radio, etc. How are advertiser to reach their consumers?

I think the topic is extremely interesting, we also have two amazing keynotes secured. The CMO of American Express and CEO of Coach. At the same time, we are lining up some great panelist, who are not yet confirmed...so can't be named...yet!

My days at school are now spent in classes, and ever free moment is MAC meeting, MAC meeting, MAC meeting...

First its with my Co-VP, then wieh the Asst. Dean, then with the Office of Student Life, then with the Vice Dean, then with the head of the Marketing Department, then with the MAC board...the meetings never end. Also email after email after email to get more people to sponsor, to attend... next it's promotional materials, programs, giveaways, totes...then the budget, tickets, attendance...

Think about adding all that with recruiting presentations, company lunches, on an yes.... classes, homework! I've had more than one person ask me, how do you do it? Well, I'm not the only one, it's b-school, we're all ambitious, we all have our hands full. It's just a matter of more full or less full. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Broadband Guy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  
Blogger blogsurfer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Hi - in the midst of essay writing procrastination I stumbled upon your blog. Columbia is my #1 choice as far as schools - for obvious reasons- any advice?

10:11 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Easy for you to say! Thanks for stopping by :)

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home