Friday, August 05, 2005

Farewll Interns!

Actually, only two of the interns' are having their last days today. The rest of us are here for another week to another month. Some just wanted to stay a little longer and others are hoping to get full employment from their internship, and don't even want to leave.

Last night, the S&E group held a little party for their 2 interns. We went to a bar called Red Sky with an hour of open bar. It's really been fun and it was great catching up with people I hadn't really talked to in the office. It seems only yesterday that we went out for our welcome karaoke party and now we're already having our farewell! Time really just flies by.

We also had our Intern Shared Learning session yesterday where all the interns, including those in Boston, shared their work for the past 2 months. The range and quality of the projects was definitely quite impressive. Even the undergrads did an amazing job. I must say, I think this company does a good job of hiring and they are picky people. I've met really smart people working here and half eavedropped on their deliberations for hiring a new person. They're tough critics! At the end of the share session we got a surprise. They had assembled goody bags for us, a really cool messenger bag, scarf, t-shirt and hat all with the company logo on it. Good stuff! I'm going to use it to carry all my "stuff" home on the last day, so I'm keeping it at the office for another week. But I'm really touched! They have definitely left a good impression. :)

I looking forward to getting back to school. Not that work was not cool, it was definitely great having a stead paycheck and all, but it's time for a change again and I think second year is going to be the best ever!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home