Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Internship days

I didn't know where to put my internship experience, should I classify it as MBA or just a part of the rest of my life? In the end, I decided to classify it with the MBA because I felt that the internship is such a crucial part of the MBA experience. The summer is where you test how much you have grown in the past year, the first year of your program. At least that is how I'm looking at it.

So, I started my internship at a marketing consulting agency about 2 weeks ago. I don't want to divulge any details as to the company's name or the names of their clients because so much of their work is proprietary, and I don't want the company or myself to get in trouble.

The experience has been good. I really hit the ground running, was busy since the first week and worked with some really nice people. Although it is the third week and a little bit of tedium is starting to set in. A part of me is feeling like I'm just doing more of what I used to do before I wet to business school, a little differently, but not so challenging. As before, the work is more time intensive than mind intensive. Once again, I find myself questioning whether I would be better suited pursuing a Ph. D. However, I must say that the company is working hard to give me a good experience, and I will work hard to meet and exceed all their expectations. I don't know if I'll take an offer from them, but, well, I'll save that decision for later.

Starting today, I have a project on which I'm managing two junior people. It's only a 2 week project but it's pretty cool to really be a manager. It's also a bit strange being a manager and an intern at the same time. Will see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home