Wednesday, May 04, 2005

tuesday - wednesday, may 3 - 4, 11PM - 2AM - AVALON end of semester party

It felt a bit weird getting ready to go out at 10PM, real college like. While most of New York was getting ready for bed on a Tuedsay night, a bunch of Columbia MBAs were getting ready to party. Of course, we just went through a week and a half of exams and we're poised for the summer ahead. I took the PATH to 23rd street and walked over the the ex-Limelight church/club. There was already a line of students I knew getting ready to go in and cabs continued to pull up as we waited in line and more friends joined our line.

The party inside was packed! It was pretty wild. The drinks were pricey, $10 each, but that didn't stop us from buying! There was dancing, chatting, I'm sure there was plenty of hooking up (although of course I was no part of that!). It's been so long since I've been clubbing it was really fun, I missed the crazy dancing..hee hee.. It actually helped the Ricky wasn't there, since if he was I'm sure I would have felt obligated to make him feel comfortable and stick to him all night. It was fun to roam the crowds, hunt down friends for a chat. :)

I guess I've really grown up, I actually did feel a bit too OLD to be partying and clubbing till 2AM. It was also a bit silly to see the folks you hang out with in the library getting wild at Avalon. But I had so much fun, it was awesome..guess I'll try to go clubbing more from now on. Drag Ricky along...gotta remember that marriage does NOT equal the death of all social life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home