Monday, May 02, 2005

monday, may 2 2005 - Operations @ 9AM

Ugh! I just finished my Operations final exam and already realized that I made a few really stupid mistakes. I hate that, I just hate making stupid mistakes. At least if I made legitimate mistakes, I can say, oh well...I didn' t know that, I accept it. But stupid mistakes just make me want to kick myself.

Today was an early day. After studying until 1AM in the morning last night, it was pretty tough to get out of bed and get to school by 9AM. At least the Operations exam is open book, notes and laptop. I think those types of exams are the best and by far the most reliable measure of how much students really understand the concepts taught in a class. Since the questions are about applications of concepts, just because you have your books does not mean the exam is easy. Frankly, in the real world, I would be able to access notes and information when I am facing business problems. So school, especially business school which is supposed to prepare you for real life should be no different.

Although I am glad that this semester is almost over, I think I will really miss it once it ends. I'll miss the comradarie of being part of a cluster, the initial excitment of being part of the business school and of course, I will be one year closer to graduation. I don't look forward to graduation. I love being in school and the being part of this community. But of course, the reality is that one has got to make money, that's what the MBA is all about, is it not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home