Thursday, May 05, 2005

wednesday, may 4 2005 - Bachelorette Party with the Cluster "B"eauties!

It would only make sense that Japas 55 is on 55th street, right? For some reason it was stuck in my head that it was on 50th street. So as I walked from 5th Ave, all the way to 8th Ave, and didn't see anything remotely like a karaoke joint, I started to panic! Called Tami, Leslie and Kim and no one picked up, the music must have been deafening. So as a last resort, I called Usa and asked her to look up the place on the internet. She said...umm..it's on 55th st. guess that's why it's called Japas 55? Yeah...sometimes I can be really dumb.

Karaoke is always fun for me. Singing with a bunch of girls was awesome! We had the best time. The food was only so so, but the beer and sake was flowing and we all had an amazing time. I love screaming out songs at the top of my lungs, something you don't do at "chinese" karaokes. There you are supposed to perform like a star and most people know and respect that, so they don't make a sound when you sing. With american's, it's all up for grabs, the louder the merrier. I enjoy both, I just love singing. At the end, we shared 'sex tips' for the soon-to-be new brides...nothing I didn't already know...hee hee. We had a blast!

We headed home in high spirits at around 11PM. The only downer was that it took me about an hour and a half to get home. I convince Ricky to come pick me up at the train station since it was late and some creepy bald guy keep looking at me when I was on the train. It actually turned out to be a good thing cause the creepy bald guy kept turning back to look at me when we got off a Grove. He even pretended to wait for a cab at the top of the stairs to wait for me to get out (I was walking slow on purpose, so he couldn't follow me). As soon as Ricky showed up, the guy turned and walked away, see that's why I know he wasn't actually waiting for a cab! Eeeeck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home