Saturday, May 13, 2006

Last Semester of B-School Wrap Up

The final verdict from Add/Drop, I took voice lessons and never looked back. It was wonderful! I took on Broadway showtunes as an area for development. In 2 months, I learned tunes from "Annie get your Gun" to "Oklahoma!" It was fun and educational, which is more than I can say for some classes that I "could have" taken.

Otherwise, the last semester of school was rather uneventful. I took things easy, went to class, focused on learning rather than passing and relaxed. Every Monday and Wednesday, I took up training with a personal trainer for an hour. Other days of the week, I took to cardio exercises, running, biking, swimming. I started off doing about 8 push-ups (and almost collapsed) and at the end, I could to 21 push-ups. Starting running about 2 miles, and ended with around 5 miles, outdoor on a sunny day. I became a much healthier person! Although I've spent less time in "business school" activities, overall, I think I became a better person. This, I believe, is a much better outcome than spending all my time in finance or marketing classes.

Last Semester Summary:
Add/Drop
Classes + my ratings (1 to 5)
HPL 4.5
Retailing Leadership 4
Managerial Negotiations 4

Power and influence 5
Voice Lessons
Personal Training
Wrap up Marketing Conference
Lunches with Matt and Steph
Columbia Business School Annual Dinner
Disorientation
Graduation/Commencement

I ended the semester with three papers, no final exams. So essentially I was on vacation a week before many of my colleagues. What can I say? I took some great, but not strenuous classes and learned a lot, while having an amazing time. I'm going to miss B-school! Re-entering the rat race is going to be hard after such a relaxing semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home