Monday, May 01, 2006

Columbia Business School Annual Dinner

I received this invite in my email:

************************************************************************************
Dear Student Leaders,

In gratitude for your leadership and support this year, the Office of External Relations cordially invites you to:

Columbia Business School’s 30th Annual Dinner

Monday, May 1, 2006
6:00 p.m.

The Grand Ballroom at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel
Lexington Avenue Entrance, Third Floor
New York City

The honorees for the evening will be:

Distinguished Leadership in Government Award
The Honorable Robert B. Zoellick ’49.
Deputy Secretary of State

Distinguished Leadership in Business Award

Sidney Taurel ’71
Chairman and CEO
Eli Lilly and Company
*********************************************************************************************

Black tie! At the Waldorf Astoria! How cool is that? I decided to go, especially after S.D. told me she was going. I was also lucky because I have a black dress hanging in my closet that was so far untouched, save a few at home "fittings." I tried to wear the dress in Taiwan for Cathy's wedding, but being too fat, it was kinda unflattering. After 2 months of personal training, the dress was no problem, I looked great! SO HAPPY!

While the speeches were kinda boring...:p, dinner was great. It was also entertaining to get dressed up
and see my friends all dolled up in their tuxs. After dinner, we went to the Bull and Bear at the Waldorf for drinks. Ricky came to meet me after work and we took a car home together. Wonderful night!

Oh, here is the Official Proclaimation that May 1st is "Columbia Business School Day" in New York City.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home